A engineering discipline is an area of education where you can practice your chosen profession. On this site, engineering is broken down into five basic disciplines: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Systems. Most states in the United States recognize
- Chemical engineers work can be involved in many different disciplines from protecting a structure to creating products.
- Civil engineers work from the ground up, from foundation to the structures that it supports,
- Electrical engineers make things move and protect the equipment.
- Mechanical engineers are involved in the design to the operation of the designs.
- Systems engineers concentrate on how to design and manage complicated systems over their life cycles.
A general breakdown of engineering disciplines is as shown below: