A fastener, abbreviated as FSTNR, is hardware that mechanically joins two or more objects together.
- FSTNR - fastener
- ANPT - American National Taper Pipe
- ANPT - Aeronautical National Pipe Taper
- ANS - American National Standard replaced with UNS
- BA - British Association
- BSF - British Standard Fine
- BSP - British Standard Pipe
- BSW - British Standard Whitworth
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- NPT - National Pipe Thread Tapered Thread
- NPTF - National Pipe Taper Fuel - Dryseal
- UNS - Unified National Standard
- USS - United States Standard
- UTS - Unified Thread Standard
- Removable - these parts can be disconnected without damaging the fastener like nut and bolt.
- Semi-permanent - these parts can be disconnected, but some damage can occurs to the fastener like a cotter pin.
- Permanent - these parts will never be disassembled like rivets and welding.
- ASME B1.20.1 - Pipe Threads, General Purpose, Inch
- ASME B1.20.3 - Dryseal Pipe Threads, Inch